Firefox on Mac OS X
Importing SSL Client Certificates
Note: You will first need to download and install Firefox on your
Mac. If you need help with that or any procedures below, please feel
free to contact our class Mac OS X expert, CS-10 Alternate Rep Chuck
Coleman. See his contact details
- Save the client certificate e-mailed to you by your
squadron representative to your desktop.
- Open "Firefox".
- Under "Firefox" click "Preferences".
- In the box that pops up, select "Advanced".
- Select/highlight "Certificates."
- Select "View Certificates."
- Select/highlight "Your Certificates."
- Select "Import".
- Open the client certificate that you saved to your desktop.
- Enter the 29-character password you were given over the phone by
your squadron representative.
- Click Ok to import the certificate.
- Restart Firefox.
- Check to see if you can access the "Classmates Only" quick link on
- If you can access "Classmates Only," e-mail your squadron
representative and so advise.
- If you can't access "Classmates Only," try steps 2
through 12 again and, if still not successful, contact your squadron representative
(or Chuck Coleman, see note above) by phone.